Author News

Where an aspiring writer shares her reading journey and interviews published authors.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Recent Favorites

I've enjoyed the past several weeks of travel and relaxation. Classroom planning and activities gobble up so much of a teacher's time...no time to read, unless it's a professional book! Sooo... I made time to read in July. Here's a list of my favorites!

A Wedding Transpires   by Cara Putman
Song of My Heart           by Kim Vogel Sawyer
Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz
The Accidental Bride     by Denise Hunter
Blue Moon Bay              by Lisa Wingate
Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings
Wonderland Creek         by Lynn Austin

I absolutely loved Lynn Austin's book! Wonderfully penned story with the perfect mix of mystery and romance. I so admire authors who can successfully write in first person.

I always enjoy Kim Sawyer's books. Perhaps it's because she thinks like I do...well, she WAS a teacher in her former life :).

Putman and Wingate's books are among the few contemporary stories I've enjoyed. I slave at writing contemporaries. Like 'em, but I truly enjoy historicals.

What are your recent favorites?

4 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

This is a great list Barabara! I'm going to try Lynn Austin's book. I love reading myster and romance :) Thanks for the list.

Barb said...

Rhonda, I definitely recommend it. I think you'll love it. Thanks for visiting my author news page.

Nicole Seitz said...

Thanks for putting me on this list! As a fellow teacher, I'm glad you got to have some "down time" and good reads this summer. Hope your new school year is wonderful!

Barb said...

So glad you visited my site, Nicole! I visited your sites. You're a busy, busy lady! So exciting to cross paths with fellow teachers/writers! I "re-retired" in May to write full-time. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for your wonderful books. I've read two of yours so far and liked both of them!

Thanks again for visiting here.
Blessings,
Barb